Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My first trip to Joann's! (Without being under duress, that is)

I got out a little on my own this morning. I went to Target for a few items to use on the trip we are taking to Minnesota next week, and I stopped at Joann's while I was out that way.

What we have here is: 1 bag Fiberfill, 3 knee-highs from Target (to make babylegs...I love argyle and the other two colors are pretty manly), 3 sample quilting fabrics, and two remnants. I know nothing about any kind of fabric so I got a few different textures so I could kind of figure it out. The blue/yellow remnant is a soft flannely material, everything else is (I believe) cotton.
I will use this stuff (except the pink/brown stripey remnant, that is for a future time, I am just a sucker for brown/pink and brown/blue).

Out of anything there with green on it and the Fiberfill, I will be making one of these
I just want to see if I can a)follow the instructions correctly and b)make the triangles evenly and correctly.

Everything else will be used when I make the bird mobile, in addition to a few other remnants I hope to pick up in Minnesota.

I will be making babylegs from the knee-highs. I have a real pair to use as my reference for length. Width is always an issue because he has skinny legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment