Saturday, August 22, 2009

I started my birdie mobile!

I am actually thinking about completely re-doing Jack's bedroom. It is just kind of a mish-mosh right now (we moved 12 days before my due date with him...not much time to do anything!), and after seeing the bedroom of our photographer's son (Brighton!) I can see that a lot can be done with a small space. Brighton's room is slightly bigger than Jack's and has a closet, but it was done up very nicely. I am not even talking about spending any money here. I have seen a ton of great ideas on craft blogs.

Anyway, I started the birdies today. It took a LOT of cutting. I couldn't use the cutting mat for this and my scissor skills suck so it took a lot of time.

The bellies!
The bodies!
Matched bodies and bellies! I will pin and sew these tomorrow night.

I have to make Jack some breathable crib bumpers. I am going to try and find a nice neutral mesh fabric to make them. I will use this tutorial. He is constantly getting his legs stuck in the spindles. It doesn't seem to bother him, but I would like him to be able to sleep comfortably. I want to make breathable bumpers instead of using the ones we have...it will just help me sleep better at night. He mashes his face right up into the side of the crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment