Sunday, August 9, 2009

Iron On's and Stitch Sampler

I did a stitch sampler, on suggestion from one of the books I have about sewing. I think my favorite was the scalloped stitch. I found out my machine manual calls some of the stitches different names than the other book.
On the right, I tried a few of the decorative stitches. The first is a flower, the second a duck. Not so good at that yet!
What I learned today:
1) I hate one of the presser feet. Holy crap, is F(?) a pain or what?
2) How to wind the bobbin, that was actually fun!
3) Let the feed dogs take over. I did a few stitches more than once because I had pulled or pushed the fabric instead of just guiding it.
4) I did the bobbin in one color the top thread in another. This was to see the contrast between the two and what the bobbin thread actually does. I was kind of confused before, but I think I got this one.

My iron ons. I have never done any kind of iron ons in my whole life. Yes, I know this isn't a sewing project. It is kinda crafty though, right? Hanes onesies (Size 12 mos.) were 99 cents at ACMoore this week, and the iron ons were $3.97 and I had a 40% off coupon. So I spent $3.99 total for two cute onesies.
Adorable! It remains to be seen how these will hold up, since I don't do this normally and all.

Project for tomorrow: Turn the Peanut onesie into a Peanut t-shirt. They did not have any infant t-shirts at ACMoore, and I have been wanting to try this anyway. I will use this tutorial. Having a cloth diaper baby who is a whole size behind makes for some interesting fitting clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment