Monday, August 10, 2009

Learning about fabric

In my research (spanning over, oh, 3 days?) I have fallen in love with the Fat Quarter bundle. Yes, I know they are for quilting, but I love the idea of having 5 or so contrasting patterns all right there together.

I REALLY love Amy Butler fabric now. I will be picking up some fabric (scraps) from Ikea next week, but I want to just buy every Amy Butler fabric out there. There are some fat quarters out there in her design so I might have to save up my pennies to get a few.

Amy Butler fat quarters on Etsy
Hjordis line from Ikea
These are absolutely gorgeous in person.

Project for Today:
Mom is bringing me a self-healing cutting mat and a rotary cutter. I will try to figure them out.
Make Peanut onesie into a t-shirt (using the above skill)
Possibly cut/hem my microfiber rags. I have some wonderful microfiber dishtowels from Sam's. Mom hated hers, so she gave me hers too, and they are a really great replacement for paper towels (I used to be an addict, now I use maybe a roll a month, mostly for cat stuff). Unhemmed, they fray quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment