Tuesday, September 29, 2009

H-A-P-P-Y

Got part of the banner done today!

It is almost bedtime so excuse me for my succinctness.

Ironing out all of the now-connected triangles. I had to trim them all to match one that was a bit short. Not as far off as I thought!
Re-watched Angry Chickens guide to applying bias binding without swearing. Twice! And believe it or not, no swearing was done. Out loud, anyway.
My first attempt...side one of the bias. Argh! Guess who forgot to lower the presser foot?
I don't even know what happened here but it was not good.
I meant to do "Birthday" first but look who pays no attention. So "Happy" it is! Turns out, this is going to take a lot more binding than I thought, so I have to go to Walmart this weekend to get more.
The finished product! I think it turned out pretty nice. Sure, it would be easier to go out and buy one, but it actually gave me an opportunity to test out a few of my new skills. Plus, it is for my little Munkin so whatever it takes, I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment