Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting to know my new machine

This time, I didn't read the manual cover to cover, I figured out from the last one that some things I can just look up. The spool is in a different place on this machine, it is under a little door. Threading it is a bit different but not too bad.
I like that the presser foot comes up much higher than on my Kenmore. This should be good for certain things (like the slipcover I still want to sew...).
I went about making a stitch sampler, just like I did with the old one. Screwed up the very first time. Surprise! After that, it was smooth sailing, even when I messed up big time, this thing didn't miss a beat.
VERY nice, even stitching, with little effort from me (the feed dogs on this one really do all the work!). Changing from stitch to stitch is no problem at all.
All sorts of cool stitches on this one. I even did cherry blossoms and they turned out OK.
Couldn't get a clear picture of this, but I embroidered my son's name. I had to program the machine to do this, which took about 30 seconds to learn.
Embroidered my name. I could clean it up and remove the extra thread, I might just to see how it looks.

This machine is AWESOME! It is quieter than the old one, quicker, stitches are extremely even and hard for even me to screw up. I love the huge sewing table, it helps things stay flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment